There is no excuse to delay release of a decades-old blacklist of 20 suspected Nazi fugitives in Canada, Immigration Minister Marc Miller said yesterday. Miller said he had not seen the confidential list but questioned if any suspects were still alive.

“I’m not going to speculate on what is in and what is not in the parts I have not read,” said Miller. The issue was relevant “particularly through the lens of what we saw in the last week in Canada’s dark history with welcoming Nazis to Canada in the context of a postwar world,” he said.

Revived interest in releasing the 1985 list followed a September 22 Commons tribute to

Posted in

Valerie

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.